Microgrid Network Operations Center
Ensuring power resiliency for our customers requires continuous monitoring of our microgrid sites across the United States. To do this, Enchanted Rock utilizes a 24/7/365 Microgrid Network Operation Center (mNOC) that acts as the nerve center for every active system installation. Our highly skilled mNOC operators constantly surveil our assets to identify and address any interferences before they become problems.
The mNOC runs on proprietary microgrid aggregation and control software called GraniteOS, allowing operators to monitor both asset conditions and energy markets along with managing all status, security, maintenance, scheduling, and dispatch in real time. Because the mNOC interfaces with retail and wholesale markets, energy trading experts can provide grid capacity and ancillary services based on the unique requirements of each electricity market program and revenue opportunity.
A variety of sophisticated, quick-response microgrid support activities take place under the supervision of energy engineers and trading experts, including:
- Monitoring weather and stability of the electric power grid
- Autonomous activation of microgrids during loss of utility voltage
- Monitoring and diagnosis of all comms and equipment installations in the field
- Maintenance management and resource optimization
- Upgrade of program management
- Monitoring and forecasting of electricity market conditions
- Optimized dispatch for excess energy sales